Panegara: A certified company
Throughout the years, Panegara has always sought to be in tune with the needs and expectations of its clients. In 2008 Panegara reached ISO 9001 certification system. The implementation of this standard enabled Panegara to evolve in customer satisfaction, in the way the organization began to structure itself and develop its activities.
With the evolution of clients' demands, Panegara has reached another step in the attention given to clients. This year, Panegara had its quality system certified by IFS Broker. With this certification, Panegara can demonstrate to customers, suppliers and consumers that food safety is an essential premise of its activity.
All products supplied by Panegara come from IFS and/or BRC and/or ISO 22000 and/or FSSC 22000 certified suppliers.
Of the various brands within Panegara, Koala stands out for being the Portuguese brand and one that has been established on the market for 24 years.
Since 1994, Panegara has successfully developed and launched innovative products on the market, contributing to the change and diversification of eating habits among Portuguese people and the PALOP.
Research and innovation are the company's drivers for growth and sustainability; we are proactive, we want to understand, create, and satisfy the market needs, we take risks and explore opportunities. Dynamism, courage, and creativity are the characteristics that best define our strategy and our DNA.
We recently started to expand to non-Portuguese speaking countries with promising results, it is a recent adventure that we are going to undertake that works well with the premises that value our work, differentiation, quality, and trust. Our products comply with all hygiene and food safety standards, we are certified and subject to testing and permanent laboratory control. Panegara has been repeatedly distinguished for the quality of its performance and risk profile, as a leading SME, within the scope of the Fincresce program.
Quality and Food Safety Policy
Panegara's quality and food safety policy is structured around the following vectors:
1. Continuously improve the company's development, in research and in the search for innovation in:
- New products/emerging opportunities;
- Niche markets;
- Market needs (ethnic products).
2. Granting the quality and food safety of products supplied and distributed, through a control from the producer to the consumer;
3. Satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers and business partners, ensuring high levels of service, through:
- Competitive prices;
- High quality products;
- Knowledge of each client's needs.
4. Create solid partnership relationships with suppliers, based on the value of product quality and service flexibility;
5. Satisfy our employees, encouraging teamwork, providing training and ensuring that everyone assumes their responsibility with the objectives of quality and food safety;
6. Continuously improve the effectiveness of our system by:
- Efficiency and profitability;
- Establish and periodically review principles and objectives;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legislation;
- Commitment to product safety culture.
7. Conduct business ethically and respect the interests of those whom our activity may affect, ensuring full compliance with the obligations assumed, guaranteeing the sustainability of the activity carried out by the company;
8. Promote the continuous improvement of good environmental practices in the activities carried out, always aiming to prevent pollution and the sustainable use of environmental resources.